EMAQ+ provides professional development training and technical guidance to assist Environmental Protection Officers build the knowledge and understanding they need to implement the functions required of a local authority for:
- LA-IPPC and LAPPC under the provisions of the Environmental Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2010.
- Local Air Quality Management under the provisions of the Environmental Act 1995 for Scotland, England and Wales, and the Environment (Northern Ireland) Order 2002 for Northern Ireland.
- The contaminated land regime, set out in Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
The package, which is run on an annual subscription basis, is offered by Ricardo Energy & Environment
and has been developed in association with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
and the Institute of Air Quality Management
The training, in a formal classroom environment, provides an overview of the legal, scientific, and technical aspects of the management of air quality; provide opportunities to work with expert trainers on realistic practical exercises, ask questions, and network with colleagues undertaking similar work in other local authorities.
Seminars are available which take subscribers from a basic level of understanding through to advanced practitioner levels. Presentation material from recent seminars and associated technical reference materials are available to subscribers in the password protected members' area.
EMAQ+ Webinars for 2016/17
In 2016/17 EMAQ+ will be introducing some new and improved webinars allowing you to attend training
remotely and still being able to take part in the OPA exams.
- Recorded at live seminars throughout the EMAQ+ seminar programme
- Makes you feel like you are actually at the venue
- See the trainers "in person" on screen
- Plus many more...
Find out more and watch a sample video »